Oldham COX (1905-1918)
In 1905 Ballarat-born Charles Lancelot Oldham and South Australian Alfred Edward Cox formed the partnership Oldham Cox in Perth, Western Australia. Of a similar age, both married and with growing families, theirs was an easy and successful partnership responsible for the design of some of Perth’s finest, most architecturally significant buildings. Their portfolio includes many beautiful buildings, hotels and residences in Perth, Fremantle and surrounds including Geraldton Town Hall, the Emanuel building (and residence in Mount Street), the 1910 additions to Perth's Esplanade Hotel (in conjunction with John Cochrein Smith), the entire eastern side of Perth’s Howard Street, and perhaps their most significant, in 1912, AMP Chambers at 140 St George’s Terrace on the corner of William Street.
The partnership was amicably dissolved in 1918.