Oldham, Boas & Ednie-Brown (1920 on)
In 1913 Austin Bastow and Harold Boas, of Bastow & Boas, joined with Edwin Summerhayes and formed Summerhayes and Boas, but during WWI Summerhayes, Boas and their two draftsmen were all engaged in war service overseas and the firm was effectively dissolved.
Charles Lancelot Oldham, who was a prominent Perth architect, had amicably ended his partnership with Alfred Edward Cox in 1918. When Oldham died in March 1920, his executor arranged for Harold Boas, newly returned from his war work in England, to take over his practice, and Boas then changed the name to Oldham and Boas.
Colin Ednie-Brown, who had been articled to Oldham, continued his articles under Boas. In 1923 he became a partner in the firm, which then became Oldham Boas & Ednie-Brown. In 1924 John Oldham, son of Charles, began working at the firm.
Oldham Boas & Ednie Brown designed radio station 6WF in 1924, the memorial to Edith Dircksey Cowan at the entrance to Kings Park in 1934, the Hotel Adelphi in 1935, London Court in 1937, and the Gledden Building and Emu Brewery in 1938.
During WWII, and in the years after, the firm worked on the design and upgrading of hotels in Perth and in the country, blocks of residential apartments, hospitals, factories, and school buildings.
In the early 1950s Boas and Ednie-Brown expanded the firm and became Oldham, Boas, Ednie-Brown and Partners which today operates as the Buchan Group.